Buy Parallel Flange Channel from SteelScout
Place your order here
We supply a wide range of mild steel including Structural Sections, Tubing, Sheet, Merchant Bar, Re-Rolled Steel, Hollow Sections, Rebar, Flooring and Mesh, available in standard as well as custom dimensions for all your project needs. We supply mild steel in a range of grades and up to execution class 4. Additional processing such as shot blasting, priming, cutting and galvanising is available across all mild steel products. We can also request part marking for easy management on site.
Buy Parallel Flange Channel
Parallel flange channels are manufactured by hot-rolling process. In this process, molten steel is continuously cast into shape and the shaped steel is subjected to rolling. After the strip is rolled, it is passed through grooved rollers to form the shape of the parallel flange channel section. The process of rolling the reheated steel slab or strip into its primary sectional shape improves the properties of steel grain size, giving it a smooth finish and strength.
The parallel flange channel resembles the shape of the capital alphabet ‘C’ in cross-section. The two sides are called flanges, while the width portion is called its web. The parallel flange channel has a uniform thickness across its entire length of flanges and web. It is flat on its outer and inner side which makes it a preferred choice over the tapered flange channel.
Channels are generally manufactured from steel grade S275 with quality JR, J0, and J2, and steel grade S355 with quality JR, J0, J2, and K2. The S stands for structural steel while the quality code provides information about its suitability for cold-roll forming, cold-flanging, and cold-drawing. The grades of steel to be used for manufacturing PFC sections have to conform to the EN 10025 standard.
The parallel flange channel may be manufactured using other metals depending on its applications.
The parallel flange channel is given different finishing treatments depending on its end application. Some of the common finishing treatments are summarized below:
• Shot-blast and paint: Shot blasting assists in preparing the surface area of a product for increased coating by removing any surface contaminants.
• Primer painting: Primer is an undercoat of paint provided on a cleaned surface in order to prepare the part for the painting process.
• Electro-galvanising: This involves placing the part in an alkaline solution and running an electrical current to form a layer of zinc coating on it.
• Hot-dip galvanising: This involves dipping the product in hot molten zinc to form a protective coating.
• PVC coating: This gives a plastic coat of varying thickness for protective and decorative purpose.
The PFC section can be provided with additional in-line processing services while being rolled, such as notching, drilling, holes, slots, cutting, perforating, shearing, bending, marking, and more.
Parallel flange channels are commonly used in the construction of columns, lintels, or beams for supporting floor joists. Their other uses include:
• Tracks and sliders for machines, doorways, escalators.
• Reinforcing support and protective cover for building corners, walls, and railings.
• Metal framework for construction and machinery.
• Holders, covers, inserts, decoration and architectural trims, cladding, brackets, stiffeners, rails, rims, rafters, purlin, girts, and sub-girts.
SteelScout is a supplier of CE-certified steel products. We have a wide variety of structural steel sections in all types of metals, grades, and finishes. We provide additional processing services, such as notching, drilling, cutting, shearing, punching, and more. Our aim is to save you time and efforts in procuring the best steel online at the best price.
Shopping for your steel with us has great benefits:
• Fastest price quote time
• Next day delivery
• 70+ associated suppliers
• 45-day interest-free credit
• Personal manager for your account handling
• Expert team guidance in choosing the right steel
• Test certificates availability
• Capability to handle large or small quantity orders, stock items or customised to your needs.
We also supply a wide range of mild steel including Structural Sections, Tubing, Sheet, Merchant Bar, Re-Rolled Steel, Hollow Sections, Rebar, Flooring and Mesh, available in standard as well as custom dimensions for all your project needs. Simply tell us what you need, and we will provide you with a quote in 20 minutes to 3 hours. Once we receive the purchase order, we will complete your order and deliver to suit your requirements.
We also provide you with 45-days interest-free credit for buying products, get approved in less than 24 hours. So, order fast and get your product, and get an additional benefit of free delivery.
We take the hassle out of buying metal.
Test certification available on all orders
Over 3000 tonnes of metal delivered to our customers, each week
99% customer satisfaction
All our products are CE Compliant
SteelScout check prices across 70 suppliers to ensure you get the best price
Office Hours 8am-5pm Mon-Fri
Call 0330 808 5080
©2020 steelscout.com. All rights reserved.SteelScout is a trading name of Tata Steel UK Ltd.Registered in England No. 2280000 - UK VAT No 238712260.